D̶a̶r̶k̶ Chocolate

Is this ad racist? Naomi Campbell thinks it is. Here's what she says: "I am shocked. It's upsetting to be described as chocolate, not just for me, but for all black women and black people." She's going so far as to file a lawsuit. Cadbury has firmly refused to pull the ad. In my opinion I think she's just pissed off because she isn't getting anything for what she perceives as Cadbury's use of her name. I can't see how she thinks this is racist. Although you do have to remember that this woman is one of the kindest and gentlest in the country and would never do anything to hurt another soul. Oh wait.
I do feel however that Cadbury has made a huge mistake comparing their product to Naomi. Their chocolate is sweet and popular, nothing like Miss Campbell.
It's just ridiculous. Stand by for a lawsuit from the Milky Bar Kid next, guys.



No comments:

Post a Comment