Pick Your Brain

These ads are beautiful. Amazing art direction, amazing copy. But I have no idea how they fit in with Mercedes and their tag line 'the best or nothing'. These pieces of art, and they are pieces of art more so than ads, were created by Y&R, Tel Aviv. Are they telling us the left side of brain isn't the best, and the right side is, and that we have to make a choice? Or that Mercedes is all about creativity, and not about mechanics or science or technology, which isn't true. It just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe you understand it, but I honestly can't say I do. There's no denying they are amazingly executed and just stunning to look at, but I just can't make a connection between the ad and the brand. In a few months, these will be up for sale somewhere, guaranteed.


1 comment:

  1. I don't even know what the fuck a quail is.

    ReplyDelete