Wear Harvey Nichols And Someone Will Probably Rape You

These ads are great ideas but I'm not sure this will encourage people to buy these clothes. And is the humour in keeping with Harvey Nichol's usual high-end image?
This campaign went out in United Arab Emirates and was by Y&R Dubai. Essentially they're saying people who bought these classy Harvey Nichols Autumn/Winter sale items also bought tasers, altitude sickness pills, pepper spray, a defibrillator, an evil eye charm, lipstick stain remover, smelling salts, self defense books and airhorns. Right....
There's no denying the artwork, and the colour scheme is brilliant and oozes class, and nor can you deny Y&R's intentions. I completely get the campaign, and I understand the humour, and personally I really like the ads, but for Harvey Nichols I don't think it is quite right. But then again, I'm not from the UAE and I don't shop there...



1 comment:

  1. This is a very interesting and informative blog. It's really useful blog. I really loved reading your blog. haute her

    ReplyDelete